Today I have Chrissy from the Boerman Ramblings here to share a cRaZy good looking recipe!
Before I turn the blog over to her,
I also wanted to make sure you remember to head on over to Stuff I Love.
Cat is having a fab little giveaway for her birthday and one of the packages up for grabs is from moi!
Be sure to tell her I sent you ;)
|These items will also be available in my shop later this weekend.|
Ok Chrissy, take it away!!
Hey there Punki' Head friends! I am excited to be guest blogging over here today.
Hi, My name is Chrissy
I blog over at a little place called
I am a God fearing, Jesus loving, wife, and stay at home Mom of 3. I
would say my blog is kind of eclectic. I write about all topics; faith,
crafts, fashion, other blogs/shops, and recipes. There is something for
everyone! at least that's what I tell myself, mmm'kay, moving on!
Oh and I also have an etsy shop SimplyCreated
My shop reflects my love for all things couture with affordable prices!
I wanted to share with you a recipe I found on my pinterest.
Star Bucks Lemon Loaf...
Can I get an Amen!
I was really simple to make, I actually had my 10 year old do it while I cleaned the kitchen!
I did use a larger pan, I wish i would have used an 8in instead of a 9 in. I think the bread would have raised more.
and the finished product... Delish!
I got the recipe here:
It's not her original recipe though, it's from the book , Top Secret Recipes Unlocked, by Todd Wilbur
Lemon Loaf Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of booking baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
Lemon Icing Ingredients
- 1 cup plus tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the loaf, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add the oil and mix well.
- Pour the ingredients into a well-greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2- inch loafpan. Bake for 45 minutes , or until a toothpick stuck in the center ofthe cake comes out clean.
- Make the lemon icing by combining the ingredients in a small bowlwith an electric mixer on low speed. When the lemon loaf has cooled,remove it from the pan and frost the top with the lemon icing. When theicing has set, slice the loaf into eight 1 inch thick slices.
Makes 8 slices.
I hope you try it because it is so worth it!
I would love for you to come visit me at my blog. you can learn who I am here, and check out some fun tutorials here.
AMEN GIRL! This looks incredible.
I think It's going to be part of my Sunday Dinner menu this weekend for sure!