Sunday, August 28, 2011

Snickers, Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter - OH MY!

Mini Snickers.
What can I say?
We're buds.
We go way back...
Back to a time when I wore pig tails like the Punkin.
Back when I used to LOVE them frozen.
Thats right. Frozen. SO GOOD.
















But, today I had a different idea in mind.
Ooey. Gooey. Goodness. 

Cooking them up in a peanut butter cookie is insanely good.
But, I only had chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge.
And there was NO WAY I was heading back to the crazed grocery store.
{We are getting Hurricane Irene tonight, remember?}
So, I figured I'd use the chocolate chip and improvise 
by adding peanut butter frosting on the top.
















Ummmmm....yeah.
Melt in your mouth DELICIOUSNESS.

Here's how I did it:

You'll need:
















1 package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 bag of Mini Snickers
1/2 cup of cream cheese frosting
1/2 cup of peanut butter
chocolate chips
paper muffin cups, I used mini and regular cups

Here's what you do:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Unwrap 25 Mini Snickers bars
Eat one :) You know you want to!
















Use 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough, 
press it out and wrap it around the Snickers.
















Roll it into a ball and place inside a muffin cup.
















Continue with the rest.
















Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
Let cool completely.
The middles of each cookie will sink slightly.
















Mix together peanut butter and cream cheese frosting.
















Top each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of frosting
Top that with a chocolate chip.

Bet you can't eat just one! :)











6 comments:

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

OMG, those look so good! However, I would have probably devoured the entire bag of mini snickers before I could have made these tasty treats :) You showed restraint with eating just one!

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

Oh wow Katie, these look so so good. I am so wishing I had all the ingredients here with me right now. Actually it's probably a good thing I don't as I wouldn't be able to show restraint!

C.LEE said...

Oh.MY.Heck. Those look HEAVENLY! I will have to try them! I am a new follower :)

Coley said...

seriously, you cannot tempt me like this! I'm going to have a sugar craving the rest of the night!

Katie said...

OMG guys, they are to die for! And I could eat the peanut butter and cream cheese frosting by itself like pudding. Mmmmmm!

Fifi said...

oh my!! i can already feel the pounds on my thighs and I'm just looking at the pics...lol!! I will definitely be trying these out!! They look absolutely yummy!

Care to Share?