Since you control the thickness of this it makes it quite versatile!
Great on ice cream, cake, toast, or mixed into a beverage.
You will need:
1 pint of fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons of orange juice (or lemon or lime juice if you want a more tart flavor)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup ice cold water
1. In a sauce pan combine raspberries, juice and sugar.
2. Whisk together cornstarch and cold water in a bowl.
3. Turn stove onto med-high heat and slowly stir in the corn starch mixture. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring and mashing the berries.
4. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Continue to stir.
5. The sauce will begin to thicken, remove from heat when you reach desired thickness. It will thicken slightly upon cooling.
6. You can use it like this (which I do) or transfer (once it has cooled a bit) to a blender/food processor and process for 30 seconds.
7. Pour through a small sieve to strain the seeds.
Chill. Or be impatient like me and immediately pour it over something and gobble it up!