The thick, creamy goodness of ice cream, baked into a cake. What could be better? I topped it off with fresh peaches and raspberries for an OH. MY. GOODNESS. out of this world taste!
And did I mention EASY?
You will need:
1 Box Pillsbury White or Gold cake mix (I used white)
2 cups (pint) of melted ice cream - I used french vanilla, feel free to use the flavor of your choice.
**Use a premium ice cream! The cheaper brands add too much air to "thicken" them.
3 tablespoons minced fresh peach
about 15 peeled peach slices
1/4 cup raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Grease a bundt pan with shortening, making sure you have a thick layer all the way around.
2. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of sugar over shortening, to coat generously.
3. Arrange the peach slices and raspberries in bottom of pan (make the design pretty since this will be the top of your cake!)
4.In a large bowl mix together cake mix, melted ice cream, minced peach and eggs. Beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Your batter should be smooth (minus the small bits of peach) and thick.
5. Carefully pour batter into pan, being careful not to disrupt the design you made with the fruit.
6. Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes, when cake springs back nicely, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, its done! I do tend to bake mine for a few extra minutes, just so the sugar crisps up nicely on the top.
7. Immediately flip over onto a plate to remove the cake from the pan. Let cool completely.
8. Frost if desired, or leave plain and drizzle with a sauce of your choice.
I served mine slightly warm with a drizzle of raspberry sauce, for more of a pound cake feel. And of course more vanilla ice cream. You can find the recipe for the raspberry sauce here.
Linking Up At: